The New Jersey Society of CPAs College Scholarship Program provides scholarships to accounting students at New Jersey colleges. The scholarships are available to college students currently in their junior year or seniors who will be entering an accounting-related graduate program.
New Jersey college students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for a NJSCPA college scholarship. Each student should be:
- A resident of New Jersey attending a New Jersey college or university.
- An accounting major, or have a concentration in accounting, with at least 12 credits in accounting completed by the end of the Spring 2014 semester, with a graduation date of December 2014 or later.
- Currently junior-year status or above in an undergraduate program.
- Enrolled in an accounting related graduate program in the Spring 2014 semester or entering an accounting related program in the Fall 2014 semester.
A student may be awarded only one high school scholarship and one college scholarship from the NJSCPA Scholarship Fund at the state level during his/her college tenure. Payments will be made in August and sent directly to the school.
The application contains the following components:
- Student Application Form - Apply Online or download our printable application
- Essay (up to 500 words) - can be submitted online or via mail.
- What activities and experiences in your life have influenced your interest in accounting, and how do you plan to utilize your skills and experiences in the future to give back to the community and/or the accounting profession?
- Letter of recommendation from an accounting professor
- Official transcript through the fall 2013 semester. Must be submitted directly from the academic institution.
DEADLINE: Application form, essay (if not submitted online) AND resume, recommendation, and official transcript must be received by Thursday, January 9, 2014.
Scholarship finalists are required to attend a personal interview on Saturday, January 25, 2014 at the office of Ernst & Young in Iselin, NJ. The snow date is Saturday, February 1, 2014.
Scholarships will be awarded at the NJSCPA Scholarship Awards Ceremony in April.
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Matullo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-226-4494 x241.